See how cool it looks to emboss on newsprint. It ends up translucent, sort of like glassine!! Enjoy!
Here are the steps for this project in case you don’t have time to watch the video:
- Stamp on the newsprint using versamark
- Cover it with CLEAR embossing powder
- Melt the embossing powder using a heat gun.
Note #1: usually when you emboss, you want to heat the powder just until it melts and then move the heat to another section, so that the embossing doesn’t melt right into the paper. In this technique, it doesn’t matter if you melt it into the newsprint, in fact it works better if you do.
Note #2: Once the embossing powder has completely melted on one side, you canturn the newsprint over and heat from the other side as well, to get the embossing to become even more translucent. Just make sure the melted embossing powder on the front side doesn’t stick to your surface! A non-stick mat like the one from Ranger will prevent your embossing powder from sticking to the surface if you turn it over and heat the back side.
- After the embossing powder has completely melted into the newsprint, use a dye based ink pad to color the un-embossed portions of the paper.
- Glue the embossed newsprint over a colored background to see the color show thru the embossed areas.